[JPL] PLAYLIST "Jazz from Down Under" April 2012

Peter Kuller peter.kuller at bigpond.com
Sat Mar 31 23:47:42 EDT 2012

Radio Adelaide (http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au) on Digital Radio, on Line and 101.5FM

Streaming live 24/7 at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/listenonline
Check out our Jazz Blog at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/jazz
and Radio Adelaide Jazz Tweets at http://twitter.com/JazzProg1015

My Programs and Playlists for April 2012
                                                  ARTIST/Track/Album/Label      * = Australian

Thu 5/04/12 "Primetime Jazz" 7pm - 9pm "Mainstream - Bebop and Beyond"
1) STEPHANE GRAPPELLI & TOOTS THIELEMANS/As Time Goes By/Bringing it Together/LiSem Enterprises
2) IRA SULLIVAN & STU KATZ/Scrapple from the Apple/A Family Affair/Origin
3) JUDY BAILEY TRIO*/Creole Blues/Judy Bailey. Jazz Legend/ABC Jazz
4) LARRY VUCKOVICH/Pannonica/Somethin' Special/Tetrachord
5) CHRIS BRUBECK'S "TRIPLE PLAY"/Travelin' Blues/Live at Arthur Zankel/Blue Forest
6) NICK MORAN TRIO/Strange Brew/No Time Like Now/Manor Sound Rec
7) MARY LOUISE KNUTSON/That's All/In The Bubble/Meridian Jazz
8) BRUCE BABAD/My Funny Valentine/A Tribute To Paul Desmond/Primrose Lane
9) BILL HARRUS QUINTET/We'll Be Together Again/Inside Out/Pensativa
10) KNUT HAUGSOEN/Play of Light/Shakti/Knut Haugsoen Foundation
11) STEFANO DI BATTISTA/Chicago 1987/Stefano di Battista/Blue Note
12) JAMES DANDERFER TRIO/Livin' The Dream/Swingin' at the Patricia/Reigning Parade
13) STEVE KUHN TRIO/Jitterbug Waltz/Live at Birdland/Blue Note
14) JANICE FINLAY/When I Go Away/Anywhere But Here/Indie
15) SONNY ROLLINS/They Say It's Wonderful/Road Shows vol 2/Doxy Records

Fri 13/04/12 "Primetime Jazz" 7 pm - 9 pm "What Is New - Contemporary jazz"
1) RICHARD UNDERHILL QUINTET/Hustle Up/Free Spirit/Stubby Records
2) JOONA TOIVANEN/Dream of a Family/At My Side/CamJazz
3) KARI IKONEN & KARIKKO/Prelude To A Kiss/The Helsinski Suite/Eclipse Music
4) FRANK WALTON SEXTET/Mamacita/The Back Step/Indie
5) JUDY BAILEY SEPTET*/Wisdom to Know/Judy Bailey.Jazz Legend/ABC Jazz
6) PETER BERNSTEIN & Tilden Webb Trio/Wee/Live at CellarLife Jazz Club/CellarLife
7) STEFANO DI BATTISTA/Your Romance/Stefano de Battista/Blue Note
8) HAL GALPER TRIO/Alice in Wonderland/Trip The Light Fantastic/Origin
9) TIM STEVENS* solo piano/Sublunary/Life's Undertow/Rufus
10) MILES DAVIS/Spanish Key/Bitches Brew/CBS
11) CHILCANO La Esquina Del Pensamiento/Madera Corazon/Samponegro
12) TITO CARRILLO/Where You Come From/Opening Statement/Origin
13) JOHN MOULDER QUINTET/Proclamation of the Unexpected/The Eleventh Hour/Origin

Tue 17/04/12 "Jazz on The Terrace" Noon - 1pm "Jazz at Noon Light & Cool"
1) CHAISE LOUNGE/If I Only Had A Brain/Insomnia/Modern Songbook Records
2) GIACOMO GATES/New York City/The Revolution Will Be Jazz/Savant
3) GEORGE W. CARROLL JAZZ QUARTET/I Won't Dance/Here's To My Lady/Indie
4) LISA CASALINO/Easy Street/Introducing Lisa Casalino/Indie
5) NANCY STEARNS/Pennies From Heaven/Weather or Not/Indie
6) FRANK RUSSELL/Quick Pix/Circle Without End/Sonic Portraits
7) TOMAS RAMIREZ/My Town/Tres/INIO Music
8) LIZ CHILDS QUARTET/It Could Happen To You/Take Flight/Indie
9) CYNTHIA FELTON/Take 5/Freedom Jazz Dance/Felton Entertainment
10) MARIANNE SOLIVAN/I Can't Help It/Prisoner of Love/Hipnotic Records

Wed 25/04/12 "Primetime Jazz" 7pm- 9pm"Mainstream - Swing & Big band"
1) ROB MADNA & DUTCH JAZZ ORCH/Ain't Misbehaven'/Update/RNDISCS
2) GEORGE CARROLL BIG BAND/Out Of Nowhere/Life Is Great/Indie
3) RANDY BRECKER & DR BIG BAND/The Immigrant;Godfather/The Jazz Ballad Song Book/Red Dot
4) WDR BIG BAND/Sketches prt 8/Sketches/ACT Music
5) JUDY BAILEY's JAZZ CONNECTION*/Shuffle Off To Bendigo/Judy Bailey Jazz Legend/ABC Jazz
6)THE DUTCH JAZZ ORCH/Le Sacre Supreme/Portrait of a Silk Thread/RNDISCS
7) WESTCHESTER JAZZ ORCH/Survival of the Fittest - prt 2/Maiden Voyage Suite/WJO prodctns
8) STAN KENTON 1946/Lover/Artistry In Rhythm/PrismLeisure
9) TITO PUENTE/Cha Cha Cha/Latin Jazz/Putumayo
10) CITY RHYTHM ORCH/Time After Time/Vibrant Tones/Limehouse Records
11) ARNI EGILSON/Hot Air on a G String/Bassus Re-surrectus/Amaceus Music
12) TAYLOR-FIDYK BIG BAND/The Gorillaman Blues/A Perfect Match/Writegroove Prodns
13) LALO SCHIFRIN & WDR BIG BAND/Millennium Blues/Esperanto/Aleph
14) UMO JAZZ ORCHESTRA/For Sale/Finnish Jazz 1995
15) KLUIVERS BIG BAND/Body and Soul/Jazz from Denmark 1995
16) CHICK COREA & HAMPTON BIG BAND/I Ain't Mad At You/Chick Corea/Dejavu Retro
17) DUKE ELLINGTON 1967/Swamp/Compilation/JAZZ HAUS

Happy to receive material for future program inclusions
Please send discs to:-
Peter Kuller - Jazz Presenter Radio Adelaide
48/9 Emerald Boulevard
Aldinga Beach SA 5173
AUSTRALIA
E-mail: peter.kuller at bigpond.com